Sunday 17 March 2024

A Wolf in Dukes Clothing by Susanna Allen~Readalong Review


 Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca

Publication Date: 27th May 2021
Genre: Romance
Summary:

A Duke in want of a wife…

Alfred Blakesley, Duke of Lowell, has long been an enigma. No one dares to give a man of his status the cut direct, but there's simply something not quite right about him. What would the society ladies say if they learned the truth—that the Duke of Lowell is a wolf shifter and the leader of a pack facing extinction if he doesn't find his true love? So now he's on the hunt…for a wife.

Felicity Templeton has a goal of her own: to remain unwed until her twenty-fifth birthday, when she will inherit a significant fortune. But that all changes when she meets Alfred, the dashing duke who's determined to have her for his very own…


Review:
Firstly thank you to Love Books Tours, Sourcebooks Casablanca and Susanna Allen for having me on this readalong and sending me a copy of the book.
Now I went into this book unsure because normally when you add the paranormal to your typical historical romance it's either going to be fantastic or absolutely dire, but I was happy to give it a go! And thankfully this was one of those fantastic ones! I loved it so much I've actually already bought book two and I'm definitely going to get book three once I've read that.
I really liked Alfred and Felicity, separately and as a couple, their interactions made me smile and kept me reading. In fact, I completely disregarded the rules of a readalong and read it in one sitting, I just didn't want to put it down. I really liked watching them get to know each other because Alfred knows she's his mate and he can't tell her so watching him try to show getting to know her and figuring out who she is besides that instinctual knowledge that she's his was really lovely. And the fact that the whole pack was trying to help her settle and let her know that she's valued by them was also really sweet to watch.
And I really enjoyed getting to know all the side characters too, every member of Alfred's Pack was brilliantly thought out and I loved seeing how they all worked together to keep the pack working and safe. I've definitely seen a couple of characters that I hope we might get books for at some point, fingers crossed for that because Susanna Allen's writing style is a joy to read. But this is definitely a series I will keep an eye on, we have three books currently and I'm hoping Susanna has plans for more!

Krystina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment