Tuesday 30 May 2023

When You're Dying by M Q Webb~ Book Tour

 

Publisher:  TBR Press
Publication Date: 21 Jan. 2023
Genre: Thriller
Summary:

When there's nothing left to lose...

would you risk everything to find out the truth?

A shock diagnosis forces Verity Casmere to consider how she wants to spend the time she has left.

The one question haunting Verity is what happened to her missing sister, Ashlee. Was she murdered, like the police suspect?

How far will Verity go to learn the truth?

Moved by her situation, Forensic Psychiatrist, Oscar de la Nuit, agrees to help Verity learn what happened, but he quickly finds himself in deeper than he intended, placing himself and the people closest to him in danger.

Can they resurface before a dark secret consumes them both?


Review:
Thank you to ZooLoos Book Tours for having me on this book tour and to  MQ Webb for sending me a copy of her fab book! I have to start by saying I pretty much read this in a day, it had a dramatic start that drew you in and kept you hooked from start to finish. It's really well written; the characters are complex, and I love it.
I really enjoyed the formatting of the book too, it flips between what's currently happening and the events that happened a few days or weeks ago and I liked that as a way for us to know what happened rather than having a character monologue. And I really didn't know who had done it until a few pages before it was revealed and even then I had no idea why so I was still gripped until that was explained.
Oscar was an interesting character and one I can't wait to find out more about hopefully in the next book( and the first one which I plan to go back and read soon), which I hope will be soon because it ended on a little cliffhanger about Oscar's personal life (trying really hard not to write any spoilers).

In short, highly recommend this book and it's definitely something you should add to your tbr if you enjoy a thriller.


Krystina xx

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking part in the tour today and for sharing your awesome review x

    ReplyDelete