Tuesday 30 May 2023

Shattered Steel: The Olden Chronicles by Shauna Richmond ~ Book Tour


 Publisher: Independently published

Publication Date: 10th April 2022
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Summary:
In a world plagued with demons, bandits and shapeshifters, Catherine finds herself straying from her pack as they escape the hunters that stumbled across their camp. Finding herself in Oakwood, the land of the gentry, the brazen peasant finds herself attracting all sorts of attention. Catherine must find a way to survive in the world of the nobles even if that means being auctioned off to the highest bidder.

Her world turns on its head as a chance encounter with a man known as the Highland Reaper turns into a secret love affair. How will this notorious killer react when he finds out what she truly is? Will his unsavoury past come back to bite them both?

Too many choices, too many expectations and two questions.

How do you tame a wolf?

How can you love a monster?



Review:
Thank you too Hygge Book Tours and Shauna Richard for having me on this tour and sending me a copy of the book.
Ok, so I was given the audio and EPub of this book and I'm so grateful that I was. I started off with the audiobook(Im pretty new to audiobooks I only started reading them in the last 6 months so I like to try them first) and ill be honest I did not get on with it. The narrator I felt didn't fit with the book, maybe I was just expecting a female narrator because the MC is female, or at least as we get mixed points of view more than one narrator. He also read it in quite a dull way, sort of monotone for most of it so I had to switch to the EPub.
And that is far from dull, I really loved reading the book all the MC's had their own quirks and I enjoyed learning all their characters. Catherine is our main female MC and she's so full of fire I just loved her whole character and attitude and her being this beautiful red wolf when she shifts was a great image. It's got all you want in a fantasy romance I think, mythical creatures, shifters, steamy sex scenes, laugh-out-loud moments( yes I actually did and yes my OH gave me an odd look) and I really enjoyed the world-building Shauna has done. Without adding too much of a spoiler I so love the budding relationship between Catherine and Tristen and I really can't wait to read more of its development.
In short, if you love a romance fantasy this needs to be on your 2023 reading list. And now I'm off to go find book two to see what happens!

Krystina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment