Thursday 1 June 2023

Ascendant: Songs of Chaos Book One by Michael. R. Miller~Book Tour


 



Publisher: Portal Books
Publication Date: 26th January 2022
Genre: Fantasy
Summary:
Holt Cook was never meant to be a dragon rider. He has always served the Order Hall of the Crag dutifully, keeping their kitchen pots clean.

But then he discovers a dark secret: dragons do not tolerate weakness among their kin, killing the young they deem flawed. Moved by pity, Holt defies the Order, rescues a doomed egg and vows to protect the blind dragon within.

But the Scourge is rising. Undead hordes roam the land, spreading the blight and leaving destruction in their wake. The dragon riders are being slaughtered and betrayal lurks in the shadows.

Holt has one chance to survive. He must cultivate the mysterious power of his dragon's magical core. A unique energy which may tip the balance in the battles to come, and prove to the world that a servant is worthy after all.

Review:
First off thank you to Love Books Tours and Michael. R Miller for having me on this tour and sending me a copy of the book. In fact, I have the first two books in this trilogy for two separate tour dates so this is just the first time you'll here about this series this month! Now any of my book club ladies will tell you that I love a fantasy book so I  went into this book with high hopes and excited by the prospect of reading about dragons ( one of the coolest and most varied of fantasy creatures I feel), I wasn't let down let me tell you.
I absolutely loved the variety of dragons in this book and the amount of dragon lore you learn as you go along makes my fantasy nerd self practically sing(I love a fantasy book where the author has taken time to write lore for the world they've created). The interactions the dragons have with each other are fantastic, it had some real laugh-out-loud moments. I really loved Brode and how different he was from the other riders, and how we gradually learnt more about him and his dragon.
Watching how Ash and Holt's relationship/ friendship grows and changes as they adapt to their circumstances and how they learn to work together is brilliantly written and I can't wait to see how it grows further in the coming books.
I think I've managed to talk about how much I've loved reading this without giving away spoilers (I just really want you all to read it and come chat about it in the comments lol) and I did love reading it, I can't wait to start book 2 (review day for that is the 21st ;D ) because this is a series I'm most defiantly invested in.

Krystina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment