Monday 1 May 2023

The Accomplice by Steve Cavanagh


Publisher:  Orion

Publication Date: 13th April 2023
Genre: Thriller
Summary:
Daniel Miller murdered fourteen people before he vanished. His wife, Carrie, now faces trial as his accomplice. The FBI, the District Attorney, the media and everyone in America believe she knew and helped cover up her husband's crimes.

Eddie Flynn won't take a case unless his client is innocent. Now, he has to prove to a jury, and the entire world, that Carrie Miller didn't know her husband's dark side. But so far, Eddie and his team are the only ones who believe that she had no part in the murders.

With his wife on trial, Daniel Miller is forced to come out of hiding to save her from a life sentence. He will kill to protect her and everyone involved in the case is a target.

Even Eddie Flynn...

Review:

So I was given this book as part of the Tandem Collective read-along, and until then id never actually read a book by Steve Cavanagh. Which is odd considering I do enjoy a good Crime/Thiller book! So I have to say thank you to Tandem and Orion for sending me a copy of this book to read, I have seriously enjoyed it.
OK so because this is a thriller I really am going to do my best to give it the glowing review it so thoroughly deserves but without telling you anything about the plot so I don't spoil it!
It's a fantastically written book, and it had me hooked from very early on. In fact, about 8 chapters in I'd already gone and ordered the first in the series (this is the 7th Eddie Flynn book but thankfully they can be read as stand-alones) so that I could read all the ones I missed. My plan is to read them in order and then read this again( yep folks it's a rereader) and I can't wait to do that. By chapter 12 id recommended it to two crime book-loving friends, it's safe to say this book is a high scorer.
It's full of characters that you can get invested in and when they end up in less-than-ideal situations you really feel scared/ worried for them and if they will make it out.
I did not see the ending coming at all, it shocked and surprised me so much that I actually put the book down and went WTF out loud, it's so brilliantly done.
I'm now hooked on Eddie Flynn novels, I'm defiantly buying them going forward because they are just fantastic and Steve Cavanagh is a brilliant writer.
Hopefully that has given you an idea of how good it is without spoiling a single thing (its not easy to review without spoilers lol)

Leave a comment and let me know if you've read this series and what you think of them :)


Krystina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment