Sunday 24 July 2022

Christmas at the Borrow a Bookshop

 



Publisher: Canelo
Publication Date: 1st September 2022
Genre: Romance

Summary: 


Tis the season for finding love... and the perfect book

With just two weeks until Christmas, everything in Clove Lore should be perfect. But the latest holidaymaker to the Borrow a Bookshop is feeling far from festive...

Icelandic ex-bookseller Magnús Sturluson might be surrounded by love stories in the Bookshop, but he's nursing a sadness that not even fiction can fix.

When Alexandra Robinson finds herself stranded in Clove Lore, she finds a safe place to hide from heartbreak. After all, all that's waiting for her at home is a cheater boyfriend and the memories of her parents. As Alex finds herself embraced by the quirky village community, she finds her tough exterior thawing - and as she grows closer to Magnús, she finds an equally soft heart under his gruff shell.

It seems that Clove Lore is working it's magic once again - until a great flood on Christmas Eve brings devastation in its wake. It's up to Magnús and Alex to batten down the hatches and help bring the village back together again, while also introducing the locals to the Icelandic tradition of the jólabókaflóð - Yule book flood - where families and friends gather on Christmas Eve to exchange books and read together.

But can Magnús and Alex truly rescue the ruins of the village, and salvage their Christmas spirit? Or is there another complication lurking even closer than they thought?



Review:

Now anyone who knows me knows I love a good romance, down to me having some I read every year around Christmas....and I think I've just found a new one to add to that list.
I was really excited to dive into this one as soon as I got approved by NetGalley for the ARC, it involves some of my favorite things, Christmas, Books, and Nordic men!
It was well written and I could just slip back into the story every time I picked it up, Kiley Dunbar just created a place that I could so clearly see it was like going back to visit friends. I loved the fact that Magnus and Alex didn't have the usual enemies to lovers relationship and they actually just liked each other from the off and had an easy friendship where they genuinely wanted to help each other which developed into something more. 
I also really liked the little side story with Jowan and Minty, it gave me that warm fuzzy feeling that Christmas books should always create.
Normally I don't like to put comparisons to other authors in but the way that Kiley Dunbar creates her whole village, and makes a place that you wish was real and you could just visit is very like Heidi Swain's Wynbridge series, which means I will be adding Kiley to my auto-buy list because I absolutely love books that instantly sweep me away a place.
Now I didn't realise this was one of a series until id finished but now I do ill be going back to read the first in the series and I will most defiantly be on the lookout for the next in the series coming out in 2023. 


Krystina x

No comments:

Post a Comment