Friday 3 April 2020

Hello and welcome...

To the restarting of this blog!
I've been quite frankly rubbish at this for the moment I started it but that's about to change for two reasons;
1) We're on lockdown and because of my asthma, I'm stuck here for a while so you're stuck with me!
2) It's now linked in with my book club! Admittedly I've been running my book club for 3 years but we're now out from under the umbrella of a global one and doing it our own way!

So originally my plan was to post a couple of times a month with posts about what the book club is reading and our collective thoughts on it but it might be more often than that if I can get into the swing of things ;) I'll also be posting the questions on the book before the meeting so if you happen to be reading along with us from another city feel free to comment with you thoughts to any of the questions :)

A little bit about book club now. We're called One More Chapter and we're Nottingham based. We're also a female-only book club(sorry boys!) and we meet on the last Monday of the month at a place called  The 38 Playwright (normally but life's not normal right now). Meetings start at 7pm and cost £5 a month, this covers the cost of a raffle book and any running costs. Now the raffle book is always a copy of next month's book so it's worth waiting to see if you win it before you buy it.
We're a friendly bunch so when all this has settled down and we're back to normal meetings come along and join us! But in the meantime visit our Facebook page @onemorechapternotts and our Instagram @omcbookclub

So I've got a little backlog of books I need to get post/review happy with starting with Circe by Madeline Miller which was our December book ( told you I had a backlog!) but I will sort that as soon as possible!

Final note hello to any of my book club ladies reading this *waves*

Krystina xx

1 comment: